Construction and Engineering
We offer coverage addressing the risk and exposures faced in construction and engineering.
Our underwriters have established a reputation as trusted experts for insuring large projects around the world.
Since 2002, we have provided a diverse range of products which covers the Middle East, North Africa, the wider Afro-Asian region and the UK by a team of leading underwriters in London, Dubai and Casablanca, KL & Malta
Our extensive client list includes property developers, civil engineers and infrastructure owners. Coverages include construction all risks, erection all risks and business interruption on a proportional and non-proportional basis for insurance and reinsurance placements.
Our underwriting strength is backed up by a quick and efficient claims procedure that ensures the delivery of high levels of service to clients and brokers.
IGI has a lead capability with a PML line of
USD 35 million for any one risk.
Worldwide, excluding USA
Main classes include but not limited to:
- Construction All Risks (CAR)
- Erection All Risks (EAR)
- Civil Engineering Completed Risks (CECR)
- Contractors' Plant and Equipment (CPE/CPM)
- Delay in Start-Up (DSU)/Advance Loss of Profits (ALOP)
- Primary Third-Party Liability (TPL)
- Existing/Retained Structures
- Insurance Backed Guarantees (IBG)